The Staff Accountant is an essential component of the Internal Operations team here at Compass HRM. This position’s objective is to expertly assist in managing Compass HRM’s accounting operations. This is a dynamic and fluid position that will require creativity, organization and knowledge of HCM, TLM, Payroll and Tax principles.
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Responsible for logging, submitting for approval, and completing the AP process every 1st and 15th
- Responsible for processing all A/R reports and generating all invoices and remitting/collecting all invoices
- Responsible for managing and updating management reporting and budget templates
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting is required.
- Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Experience working in a digital office environment with word processing, database and spreadsheet skills sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, forms, statistical/technical/scientific materials, etc. with speed and accuracy, including the willingness to learn and use new computer programs/applications. Strong organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Builds multiple contacts within a company and is able to understand a customer’s complex set of business needs and decision makers.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team environment.
- Ability to recall, retrieve and communicate detailed or technical information clearly, accurately and concisely and to non-technical audience/customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of payroll-related software applications a plus.